a great long run
great run today. felt really good. took the Fairfax connector trail north towards Great Falls. Mostly trail running in the woods along Difficult Run (that's a little stream, for you West Coasters). really nice to be away from people and pavement--balm for the soul. turned around at a horse corral. I think I accidentally ran a few miles further than I was supposed to (2:07 total time).
I felt like my form stayed pretty solid. took about 2/3rds of a gel at 1:00 and the remaining 1/3 at 1:45 or so. those were the times that I was feeling it and it definitely helped. maybe half a gel every 45 minutes during the marathon? I'll have to try it when the long runs get longer.
NOTE: I looked at maps today (Tuesday) and it looks like this run may have actually been more like 15-16 miles. ah well. it looks like the body is taking it in stride, but I'll be watchful this week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home