Sunday, February 12, 2006

running in a winter wonderland

a solid bit of accumulation last night, I'd say 8-12 inches. ran south on the CCT. on the way out, it was awesome, despite there being few to no tracks. breaking trail in only a foot of snow isn't that big a deal, even if I was going slightly slower. I ran for ~2:12, which gets my 12 miles at 11 minute pace. (I probably actually ran for longer, but I stopped my watch to climb over a downed tree on the way back and forgot to turn it back on.) It was awesome to be out there in the morning. Not too many people. The short gaiters worked like a charm. Temperature was perfect and things were pretty still, aside from an occasional dusting coming down from the trees.

...and then they closed my pool because of the snow. go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home