Thursday, October 05, 2006

mechanical difficulties

Rode to work this morning. will ride home after work for a total of 30 miles.

Slept ~7:30 last night. Took the ride in comfy. Temp was ~60F, and will be the same or chillier when I leave--rain coming in tonight. I put on new tires last night (past due), and while putting the rear wheel back on, I banged the rear derailleur. This morning the chain was skipping all over the place. I stopped and tried to bend it back into place with my hands and managed to make it functional, but it needs some definite work at home tonight. Make sure to check the derailleur hanger, then the position of the derailleur, finally the indexing (I don't think this is really the problem). I know the derailleur is at a bad angle, because it is deflecting or twisting the chain line enough to cause drag when I backpedal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home