hey there
wow. this is the first time that I've posted on here in three months. and the first time I've actually posted in more than six.
but that's all right. it's been a good time, with less training than ideal, but also good achievements, like Vineman.
so I think I should re-iterate something that I've learned along the way. The most important things to success in training are sleep, food, and having meaningful interactions with people on a regular basis. probably in that order. the rest is not unimportant, but becomes somewhat peripheral in comparison. on second thought, an addendum, that should probably be good sleep, good food, and meaningful personal interactions.
my goals for the winter are simple, but taken together perhaps a mite ambitious.
1. build good cycling base (ride at least 3X per week)
2. swim regularly (given how much I'm swimming right now, I think I'll see improvement if I do this), at least 2x (should be more like 3X) per week
3. start running again. This can include ultimate, but needs to happen regularly. enter a 10K or a half marathon to have a good goal.
4. learn to XC ski. this is something that I've been dreaming about for years. unfortunately, I now live in a place with weak snow. I need to move north. but if I can borrow some gear and find someone to teach me, I'll see if I can swing it.
If I achieve the first three goals, I'll call it a rousing success.
dave

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home