a lot of catchup
ok, I think I overdid it. I'll get to that a little bit further down. at any rate, that's why this journal has sort of fallen by the wayside for the last week.
went to the pool on friday and swam 2700. on saturday, did yoga and played a slightly chilly ultimate game that was a bit dispirited. still fun, but we didn't really have numbers.
then I headed out to the farm. on sunday morning (8 F) I went out for a 13 mile run that turned out to be 15miles. the good news is, I was running 8:36 average pace the whole way. the bad news was that my left knee didn't feel so hot afterwards. so I went out and cleared brush for a couple hours.
Monday I didn't have to work, so I mostly laid low and rested as much as possible. I briefly thought about going to the pool to help the knee out, but that didn't last long. and I was eating everything in sight. Tuesday it was pretty much clear that I was feeling a little overtrained, as I was still eating like nobody's business, falling asleep in the 3rd floor prep lab at work, and having dreams about ex-girlfriends (thanks, Gordo, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who starts doing this when overextended). I skipped both my run and time on the trainer.
so now it's Wednesday and I'm trying to decide what to do tonight. I have a 7mi run and a swim scheduled. Probably I'll run, but a little shorter (5mi?) and take the swim real easy. maybe a 1000 easy continuous swim with the pull buoy. we'll see--if my knee feels unhappy on the run I'll probably can it. it's tough to find a balance between taking time off to stay healthy and staying on track so that I'm properly prepared for the marathon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home