another week
well, I'm still recovering. been stretching a lot, doing few workouts. my total for the week so far is 1 swim (2800) and 1 run (3.5 mi). I'll swim tomorrow and then hopefully ride with Loren on sunday.
last weekend I played in the winter league tournament, which was probably not the smartest thing to do, but I had committed to it. my knee was fine for the first two games, then after a couple points in the third game it told me to stop, so I did. no long run again--I need to get back on track there.
I think I'm going to drop one run per week in order to keep my knee healthy up to the marathon--really focus on the long runs and swim a lot. it's getting warm enough and light early enough to start riding more, so this is sort of pre-emptively shifting me away from a run-focused training schedule. unfortunately, it's happening before the marathon, but perhaps it will work out for the best.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home