nice to race again
did the Greasy-Gooney, a 10K out in Shenandoah, this morning with Chelsea and her friend Amy from NY (who's pretty cool). took it nice and easy, ~59:10 time, which works out to 9:30 or 9:45 miles. veeery comfy, but still fun. the leaves were beautiful out in Shenandoah and the sun actually came out for most of the time. arrived a little later than expected and our "warm-up" was runing to the start line.
Amy was pretty fast, but wanted to take it easy as she's banditing the Marine Corps marathon tomorrow as training for the Philly Marathon in four weeks or so. probably her last long run.
and, because I was the only one in my age group, I got a little trophy. even if it feels a little ridiculous, I figure it's a sort of compensation for the races where I run really well but get crushed by the college runners. or something like that. at any rate, it felt great to be in a running race, even if I wasn't really racing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home