Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tues ride & an observation

Rode to and from work, 30 miles. 19F when I left in the morning, but up in the low 30s on the way home. Could push a gear that once would have indicated a great day, but just felt average. So I'm definitely improving. Now--keep the consistency going.

I also noticed something today. When it gets cold and/or mucky out, there are two kinds of people that make up the sparse population still out on the WOD. The first group is people that are serious about their sport (runners, cyclists, etc.) and willing to endure the conditions for it. The other kind is the people at the low end of the fitness ladder that are tough and decide that the weather won't get in their way. During harder weather like this, the fair-weather exercisers fall away, and the picture is pretty interesting, I think. I really respect the people that are running 12 minute miles when it's 20 degrees out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home