long (not-so-slow) distance
went riding out into MD with Loren today. did 70-80 miles, we think (edit: 78 miles), although I got a stiff reminder that you have to sit at a lower effort level when you're riding long and solo (or nearly solo).
went out through Rock Creek Park (saw Caitlin), headed up Tuckerman, turned left at the bridge, and headed to Poole's store. Continued out to Darnestown Rd (Rte. 28), bore L on White's Ferry, then looped around on Partnership/Sugarland/Montevideo and came back in on River Rd.
after getting back to Loren's I discovered that my front brake had been rubbing for a while. wonder how long. got home, drank OJ and had a quick bite, showered, at a slightly too-large meal (so easy to do after long rides) and then put my feet up and napped for a while. pretty tired. it appears I can do 60 miles no problem, but when you get in the neighborhood of 80 I have to push it somewhat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home