long ride by the lake
rode solo down to Lake Conesus, around the lake, and home. 70 miles, 4:10, avg HR 138. HR probably a bit higher than it should have been (pushing the edge of Zone 1). Nutrition pretty good. Seems that frequency of eating is key for me.
Fought a headwind on the way out. The area around the lake was beautiful--the trees were changing and it was a great fall day, although it did warm up on the way back--I was shedding clothes like crazy. On the way home I got the benefit of what had been the headwind on the way out, and was doing 24-27mph at an easy HR and nice high cadence. Felt like I was flying! It was great. All in all, one of those rides that really remind me of why I love riding.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home